We require 24 hours to receive and process orders, as we cut, wrap, pack, and ship directly from our shops to your front door.
During December and other peak periods, we may require several days to process and deliver your order and will inform you of any unusual delays.
We ship Monday-Wednesday to ensure your order arrives before the weekend and does not sit in a Fed Ex warehouse. Orders placed Wednesday-Sunday will ship the next Monday. Holidays and closures may affect delivery times. We ship using Fed Ex Signature Release, meaning Fed Ex will leave the package if no one is home.
Because our products are perishable, all orders are shipped so they arrive within 1-3 days.
- We do not ship fresh cheese or platters
- We cannot ship to PO boxes, APO's or FPO's
- We only ship within the Continental United States
- We cannot ship to Alaska, Hawaii, Puerto Rico, or The US Virgin Islands
- We cannot ship internationally due to import/export restrictions.
Claims and Exceptions
When placing your order please be sure to verify the correct address information has been entered before checking out.
Please inspect your order immediately upon receipt. You must contact us within 24 hours of order receipt if you wish to file a claim. We will need a photo of the damage.
All packages are monitored closely to ensure speedy delivery. However, Fairfield/Greenwich Cheese Co. cannot be responsible for damaged or spoiled product due to the following:
- Incorrect addresses – Please verify any apartment, suite, floor numbers with recipient before completing your order.
- Extended transit time due to weather or other “Acts of God”
- Shipments not opened immediately upon receipt.
- Orders sent to recipients who are out of town or otherwise unavailable at the time of initial delivery attempt. Please notify the recipient of the pending arrival of a perishable delivery.
We strive to guarantee that only the freshest products of utmost quality reach our customers. Because of this, and because of the seasonality of many of our products, we cannot guarantee continuous stock of certain items. We will contact you via phone or email if you have ordered an out-of-stock item and will recommend a suitable substitute of comparable quality. If you choose not to have substitutions, we will proceed with your order without the out-of-stock item. You will be refunded for any product(s) that are out of stock and not substituted. Please Note: we do not backorder any products.
How We Ship
All our cheeses ship in an insulated box with ample icepacks. Cheese is an extremely robust food that has existed long before the advent of refrigeration, even predating recorded history. Melted icepacks are normal and does not mean the cheese is spoiled! Simply place them in the refrigerator.